Thursday, March 24, 2011

Abrams

I bet all of you Idol fans were in for a shock. I am sure the web is already buzzing as we speak. Yes, for those who do not know yet, Casey Abrams was voted off by America tonight. But of course, Casey's end is far from over, and everyone was shocked to hear what happened.

I have to admit, I haven't been on the "Abram Boat" this whole season. I felt he was beyond the range of what Idol judges and viewers were looking for. Towards the end of Hollywood rounds, I started to realize his true talent, and kept a close eye on him.

The top 24, and top 13 is where he has really been shining. The songs he has sung has been blown out of the water. "I Put A Spell on You", "With a Little Help from My Friends" and "Smells Like Teen Spirit" has dropped my jaw. He has what people call true talent. And he is talented in so many ways, not just in vocals.

Sadly, I haven't seen the performances from this week yet, but tuned in just in time tonight to see the results. Casey sang "I Heard It Through the Grapevine", a very popular song. But according to America, they didn't like the performance. I was shocked to find out that he got voted off. I knew that something was messed up because whatever happened during this performance, it was outweighed by the past songs. But it wasn't over for him yet.

Like all the contestants, he is able to prove himself to the judges to be saved. This is a cool little feature that they added to Idol a few years ago. It was to prevent unusual elimination from occuring, just like tonight's. But they can only use the save once during the season, meaning that the person they save has to be good.

Casey started performance, and he sounded awesome. Then all of a sudden we see Ryan Seacrest reappear on stage, and tries to stop Casey, and we see Randy try to stop him as well. And I was thinking "Bomb Threat?" But it actually turned out that the judges had already made up their mind and wanted to save him. His reaction was priceless. His body was beyond control, and he was all over the place. He appeared to be in shock with the constant shaking of his hands, and the few cuss words that he added as well. And of course he ran to his parents in relief.

He had really thought that when they stopped him that they weren't even going to give him a chance. But that just goes to show that they knew that he didn't deserve to go home, and went against America's decision. So now not only is he saved, but he is now touring with the top 11 American Idol group. Sadly though, this means that two people are going to be eliminated next week.

I am a huge fan of Casey now. He has really sold me, and if he was releasing music right now, I would so buy it. All I can say is I hope he kicks it up a notch to prove to America that he does in face belong at the top, and should recieve the next American Idol crown! Best of luck Casey!

-Tyler

1 comment:

  1. I was shocked as well to hear that he was the one voted off, but I wasn't surprised that they saved him - although he certainly seemed to be! I loved watching his reaction, because it shows that beneath the semi-cocky exterior he projects he is a genuine, modest person.

    I do agree with the judges further, though, in that I hope he doesn't continue to rely so much on the growl. We know he can do it, but it also runs the risk of making him look like a "one trick pony". He's got an incredible voice, and despite the fact that the growl makes him stand out, I really prefer it when he shows off his vocals in a cleaner manner.

    ReplyDelete