Wednesday, October 19, 2011

New Season

Fall finally seems to be setting in.  And I love it!  I always enjoy the balanced temperature and the rumors of snow on the way and the leaves falling off by the dozen every day.  I can definately tell when this time arrives because my birthday only follows a few days away from today.  I'll be lucky to observe any of this right now...

If you couldn't tell from the lack of posts, I have been extremely busy.  Right now I only seem to be posting big things that seem to be popping in my head, if any at all.  But right now a lot of ideas are flowing through, and I cannot wait to share them with you all.  Throughout my absence, I have come across some great, new things, and I feel that you would all agree on them! 

School, like always, appears to be a thorn in my side.  While I like the majority of my classes, the amount of classes and the difficulty of some have seemed to overwhelm me.  Statistics for example.  Why I need it other than understanding the basic parts of political polls, I don't know. 

And I also hate when I spend my Mondays at school from when the sun comes up to way after the sun goes down.  I barely have time to chow down on a late night meal before getting ready for the next day.  11 hours of school in one day can burn you out.  But on the plus side, Spanish is going so much better for me right now.  I think I have an A, and I feel confident enough to spend a little bit of time playing games while in there.  Don't Tell!

In the mix of school is work.  And a lot is going on there.  Not so long ago, I was offered a part-time management position.  I was shocked that they offered it to me, considering that I have only been there close to two years.  But people have come and gone, leaving me as one of the longest working employees still there.  So I have spent extra time training, which seems to overwhelm me at some point during the day.  That, and I just seem to be working more now due to so many people coming to town for the leaves changing. 

And to complete my busy schedule, I still maintain the title of Student Ambassador for my college for the second year.  A major honor for me.  And lately I have been asked to appear at events such Orientation and Freshmen Night and give tours, as well as induct future students into programs.  This opprotunity is something that I am so proud of because the title of Ambassador of over 3,000 students is so honorable.  Sometimes I wonder how blessed I am with wonderful chances like these. 

With all of these things going on, I am a full time person doing everything, usually spending whatever free time on homework.  But tonight I felt like it was a great moment to sit down and write my thoughts and catch everyone up on the last few months.  And I promise not to make my absences long.  I have many more posts in the works, excited to have you read them.  Talk to you all soon!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment