Monday, September 5, 2011

Dirty Secrets

Happy Labor Day!  Hoping it is filled with exciting things going on!  Yesterday I was browsing through the Twitter trending topics and I noticed "Dirty Bieber Secrets" was trending.  As you can tell, the topic was about Justin Beiber, and the source of all of this surrounds this blog called Just Beautiful Me.  If you asked me what it is all about, I couldn't tell you.  There is so much stuff on there I can't tell what was making the comotion.  And I'm thinking, "Do people only have time to talk about "Dirty Secrets?"" 

And now that I think about it, I think not only should we talk about Dirty Secrets, but it should be encouraged.  You must think I'm crazy.  But that trending topic, and an emotional show called "If You Really Knew Me..." really got me thinking of all the different things that could happen if people told the world their own dirty little secret.  Whether it be a celebrity telling a little secret to give great laughs, or a person in a lot of need to get something off their chest, and saving themselves from the brink of suicide. 

Think of it like the popular site "Post Secret" and the music video for The All American Rejects' "Dirty Little Secret" where they express themselfs by telling something very personal, whether funny or dark, and feeling much better for it. 

I am calling for today to be "Expose Your Dirty Secret" day.  Everyone, celebrities, politial leaders, and even you should post your dirty little secret on here.  And you are probably thinking, "He must be crazy!"  Well I'm not.  If you watch the show "If You Really Knew Me..." they expose everything to each other, and realize that everybody is the same and have their own mistakes and nobody is better than the other.  That EVERYONE is equal! 

And that is what I want to do today.  In this world, right now, there are people out there that think they are lower, or higher or better than the next person.  And some think that since they are so low, they should end their life, or think about it numerous times.  But we are all the same, and this is where I want to prove that!  And the bright thing about this is that with the internet, everything is anonymous. 

So right now, I want you to scroll to the bottom of this page.  I want you to post your dirty little secret to the world.  I'll leave it up to you if you want to say who you are or not.  You have that right, and that may even be uplifting to you, or the others around you.  And after you post it, I want you to see if you don't feel any better about yourself, or even if you may laugh at yourself for how silly it may be.  Trust me on this, I think it will work. 

So I am calling on the big celebrities to help me out with this!  Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Delta Goodrem, Brian McFadden, Lance Bass...whoever you are!  Help the world show that we are all equal, and whether it is funny, or deep and powerful, that someone who may feel outcasted is not at all.  They are just a part of the bigger picture! 

Post this on Facebook or Twitter and let's see how successful this will be!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment