Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Skyscraper

I cannot believe I have waited this long to talk about her.  She gained fame by entering the big Disney world of entertainment, starred in the hit movies "Camp Rock" and "Camp Rock 2" with two hit albums and a big success on "Sonny with a Chance".  But now she is entering a new chapter in her life, starting with the impactful single "Skyscraper" and her new album "Unbroken" on the way.  Yes, Demi Lovato has come back with a bang, and she isn't going anywhere soon. 

I knew about her when she first entered the spotlight on Disney, and while my little sister was a huge fan.  She entered the big time while appearing with the Jonas Brothers in "Camp Rock 1 & 2."  She then moved on to two hit albums titled "Don't Forget" and "Here We Go Again."  She then moved to TV with Sonny with a chance, which seems to have been a huge hit on Disney. 

But then she had to move into another chapter in her life, which was pretty dark, and one that she admits.  I won't go too in depth because I don't think it burdens her anymore, but it is important because I think it is what inspired her to move through the darkness and into the light.  In late October 2010, she dropped out of the Jonas Brothers tour and entered a treatment facility for physical and emotial problems.  Later, she spoke with Robin Roberts saying that her treatment was for bulimia and self-injury.  All things were piling on top of each other until she says she "was performing concerts on an empty stomach...I was losing my voice from purging. I was self-medicating. I was not taking medication for depression, and I literally was so emotionally whacked out..."

After her return to society, she decided not to return to "Sonny" thinking that it would cause the nervousness that led to past problems.  She instead decided to turn to music, which lucky for her and us, is turning out to be a very successful turn.  Her return with "Skyscraper" has pushed her up to the top, with over 17,000 positive reviews on iTunes, and placing her #19 on the Pop charts.  And who could be suprised with uplifting lyrics such as this:

You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I’m made of glass
Like I’m made of paper
Go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground
Like a skyscraper

So if you haven't bought it already, don't wait any longer and pick up "Skyscraper" now!  You can buy it on iTunes here.  And don't forget to buy her upcoming album "Unbroken".  And make sure to follow her on Twitter, because I am sure that we will be hearing more from her soon about the exciting album.  You can follow her at @ddlovato

And Demi, if you are reading this, know that you have a brand new band of fans growing very fast, like me, and we cannot wait to hear the best songs that you can come up with for us!  We hope to hear some more exciting news soon! 

If you are a great fan of Demi, feel free to post some of your favorite songs by her, your thoughts on the new single, and your predictions for the new album!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment