Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Summer Conclusion

It is way after midnight, and I cannot believe that I am writing this.  It has been some since I have made my way on here.  I recall this time last year, I still managed to write, and I was twice as busy as I was this summer. But I don't seem to have made time for much of anything else except work.  Oh wait, I know what could be the obstacle....the late night meals at Huddle House that I have learned to do every other night.  I'll certainly have to change that before school starts back up. 

I haven't talked since the release since the final Harry Potter movie.  Wow, time sure has flown.  It wasn't that long ago that I was saying that the movie couldn't come fast enough.  I hope everyone isn't mad at me about my first review of the movie.  I went back and saw it for the second time that week, and actually liked it better the second.  But I figured you didn't want to hear me babble about it again. 

After my reviews, I actually was going to return with a article titled either "Summer Excitements" or "Summer Revival".  Alot of great things were happening for me during that time, and if I had time, I was going to talk to about it.  But like all good things, they must come to an end.  I would talk about it now, but it is a thing in the past, I have moved on from it, and seems irrelevant now.  Sorry, I guess that means you will just have to guess what it was. 

These past two weeks have been interesting and fast pacing at the same time.  I jumped in the car with my family, and headed down to Panama City Beach, Florida.  My most favorite vacationing spot in the world.  I removed all tech except my phone and iPod from my life, and took books and pen and paper with me.  And it was amazing for me, because it really got me focused on my reading, and my writing on my book.  Remember about that? 

But the trip included lots of sun, tanning, shopping and eating.  Oh, and how the eating was good!  And remind me never go into a bookstore while they are going out of business.  I walked into Border's closing sales, and walked out with 6 titles, including a 500-paged word search book. 

And also in these past couple of weeks, I have uncovered some things.  Some things are great, some not so much.  And while some of these things could bring me to a new level of happy, some of those things could bring me in a new level of hell.  Right now, I'm just taking it all one minute at a time, and hoping nothing goes in the crapper.  Pray for me. 

But what I really want to talk about is my book.  I guess I can call it that, since I have a good chunk invested in it now.  If you have been following my tweets, you probably read about me writing by the pool or beach.  When I was done reading, I had nothing else to do but write.  It was a great trick I played on myself by planning it earlier with the romoval of tech such as computers with WiFi and game consoles. 

But I think I wrote for a total of 10 hours combined there, the most commitment I have put towards it in a 5 day time frame.  And it really helped me deepen my plot, organize my thoughts one it, and helped set in stone where I wanted to go from there in the story.  I told my followers that I was probably a forth into the book, which seems alot.  But now I have returned home, and meshing what I have on paper with what I have on my computer makes me think I have just scratched the surface with this story. 

Right now I'm just going to spend a day or two going over my writing from the past week, and see how that works with what I already had.  And hopefully that will launch me into a fast pace in getting the story done.  When will I get it done?  No idea.  I'm hoping soon!

I'm guessing I need to stop here, and get some sleep before I return to my usual routine.  But this was fun.  I certainly want to come back and talk more.  Hope to be back soon!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment