Friday, June 10, 2011

Allison Mack

So this is something I wanted to talk about for awhile.  Since November, I have wanted to talk about Smallville.  Now, I'm sure some of you have watched it some time or another.  I just started it in November, and right now I am on season 9.  But instead of talking about every season and every little plot in the season, I wanted to take a different turn.  Instead, I want to talk about the cast that makes it all possible.  I call this my "Smallville Cast Series".  But I won't be including the obvious Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum, Kristin Kreuk or Erica Durance.  Instead, I will be talking about 4-5 of the cast members between seasons 1-10 that have really stood out to me, and their role in the series. 

So who should I start out with?  Well, no other than Allison Mack!

It turns out that I knew about Allison before I ever started watching Smallville.  After watching a few episodes of the first season, I finally recognized her from the role she played in "Honey We Shrunk Ourselves."  And then even later I found out that she played a role in 7th Heaven.  I have watched both so many times that I am suprised that I didn't recognize her sooner. 

Allison has been a part of the Smallville family from the beginning, and I couldn't see her out of the picture.  She became an instant favorite after watching the show.  We started watching her play the role of Chloe Sullivan, a teen journalist for the school.  And while she didn't know Clark's secret at the beginning, she played a vital role in his discoveries and completions of his missions. 

We then see Chloe finally knowing Clark's secret, and the burden it puts on her.  She must now cover for him when Lana is around, and she is put in situations that could danger her life.  I think this era was when we started seeing Chloe/Allison becoming a true part in the plots in each episode.  But I think it was the next era in the Chloe chapter that defines the character. 

At the end of season 7, we saw Rosenbaum and Kreuk leave the show, and Allison being bumped up to their spot, and her storyline evolving.  We got to see her play the Brainac role and then we got to see her finally have a love interest with Jimmy Olsen.  But at the end of Season 8, and the death of Jimmy, we see Chloe's role change dramatically, taking the lead and becoming the center of the Watch Tower and guide to all the heroes of Metropolis. 

And then with season 9 we see her go to new levels.  We see her taking up the responsibity to bringing the group back, trying to find Clark and to finding Lois.  And then when all is back to normal, it is her being on the front line to help Clark fight the terror in the city, as well as putting the rest of the team into very difficult situations to help them find themselves.  I haven't finished the rest of Season 9, so I don't know what her future is right now, but I am where Chloe and Oliver sort of have a spark.  So I am very excited to see what happens. 

But what has Allison been doing since the end of Smallville?  Well from her twitter, she likes to put out quotes, and mention her songs of the day.  And right now, she is in Shakespeare school.  Here is what she says:

"Day 1 of my Shakespeare school is done! It was amazing! Although I almost peed I was so nervous."  And then "day 2 and 3. my mind is being blown. my classmates are fantastic. i have never felt so loved in such a short period of time. instant family."  Glad you are having fun Allison. 

So let's just say that Chloe is possibly one of my favorite characters on the show, and Allison is possibly one of my most favorite cast members on the show.  Thank you Allison for making the show so enjoyable with you on it!!  So if you do not follow Allison right now, you should do so.  Go follow her @allisonmack.  I hope to hear from you soon Allison! 

And that is all for our first part into the "Smallville Cast Series."  Make sure to tune in next time for the next cast member.  Who will it be?  Post your thoughts now!!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment