Friday, June 24, 2011

Andy Grammer

I will once again skip the "Smallville Cast Series," and move to another topic that I have been wanting to talk about.  Last week, a new album was released by Andy Grammer, a new artist that has made his way to the major leagues.  Music has been in his whole life, and now it is paying off.  And with support from big people such as Nick Jonas, many people are paying attention, and now buying his work. 

I first became aware of Andy when his single "Keep Your Head Up" appeared on the VH1 Top 20 Countdown.  I instantly was attracted to the song with it's up tempo and beat.  After listening to it, I was ready to buy it, and all of the songs that were to follow.  But when I found out that the album was going to be released soon, I waited.  And it turns out that it was all worth it. 

When the album was released last Tuesday, I instantly bought it, and it is just amazing.  All of the songs have a unique beat and theme.  Now was the best time to release it because of the summer feel it has with it. It has many catchy songs such as "Keep Your Head Up", "Lunatic", "Ladies", and "Miss Me."

If you found out about the album last week, you were able to get on of the songs from the album for free.  And it didn't matter which one it was, because they all were amazing!  But it was a chance for any potential fans to get a slight taste of his great work! 

So how has the album done so far?  Well, great!  On iTunes, it has been featured many times, including the Free Single.  It currently has a 5 star rating with 450 reviewers, and it is currently #30 on the pop charts!  Very good stats right now. 

Man, I hate it when I don't have alot more to say about a great album!  But sometimes, words cannot describe how good something is! 

Go ahead and follow Andy on Twitter.  I promise that you will love reading his tweets!  You can follow him here.  And make sure to buy his album!  You can do that here.  And I promise that you will not be disappointed!

And Andy, I wish you the best of luck!  And I hope to hear more music and news about your success soon!!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment