Friday, January 29, 2010

Jediism

Well guys I am back. I look outside and I see that the snow has stopped for now. I can be honest when I say that we have gathered more than five inches and more is expected tonight and into tomorrow. The power has flickered on and off since after dinner. And strangely enough I saw lightning flashing outside. But apparently people say that is not unheard of.

There are tons of religions throughout this planet. Some are extinct, but not forgotten. And there are some that I'm sure will be created in the near future. But there is a specific supposed "Religion" out there that I have given alot of thought into, although I will never convert to it. But I have broken it down and compared it to Christianity.

My last post said that I would elaborate on a specific part in the Star Wars Universe. As you can tell from my title it is Jediism. Some of you may think that this is a fanbase dedicated to the movies, but it is not. It is an actual religion that has been practiced by over 500,000 people now. I bet Lucas never intended for his universe to be taken literally. But some have.

Okay, lets go through the gist of the force. In the movies they claim that life surrounds all beings and things. And there are certain individuals who can tap into this power and use it to bring peace and justice into the galaxy.

But there is so much about the force and Jediism that people doesn't realize compares it to Christianity. In Cristianity we belive that God lives in all things just like the force. We have the bible when the Jedi have the Jedi code, and both can be interpreted in diffrent ways. We have prayer while the Jedi have meditation with the force. And we have a church when they have a Jedi temple.

So as you can tell, there are many similarities among the two religions. So do you think that the people who believe in this religion used the basics from a fiction plot and combined it with a real religion? And do you think that this religion is even valid?

"Meditate on this I will". Ah gotta love Star Wars!

Well I guess I have spoken long enough. I'll go and try to kill some time before the next snow wave hits. I'll blog tomorrow and show you some pics of my area!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment