Friday, January 29, 2010

Star Wars

My 3rd post in a row! Aren't you proud of me! I am blogging in the midst of a winter storm. Thats right, I am in the Carolina area and since around One this afternoon, we have recieved two inches of snow. I sit here and continue to watch it pour. And this is "real" snow. Not like that soggy crap we always get. Ah well...moving on.

Star Wars has been around for the past 40 years or so. And it has pretty much been a part of my whole life. I remember when I was very young the trilogy was being rereleased. My uncle would take me and watch each movie, then would go out to Walmart or Taco Bell and get a Star Wars figurine.

Since then Lucas has released the prequels (which I didn't know was apart of the classic's storyline until my 6th grade year). It gave us a sense of how the Jedi were back before the Empire exterminated them. As well as the government that Palatine was able to break down.

I think Lucas did a very good job on putting all of the movies into a well rounded package. And sense then there have been numerous tv shows and books and games dedicated to both prequel and classic era.

There have been two diffrent clone war series. Both are kinda cheesy since the age targeted is little kids, but they do provide new details into the plot. Some famous games are of course SW Battlefront 1 & 2 as well as Jedi Outcast and Knights of the Old Republic. And my favorite of all of them; the books.

As I told you in my last post, I have spent the previous and current year reading the books that expand past the classic era. I don't want to give too many details but they included the gang plus Leia's political journey and Luke's attempts to reborn the Jedi order, as well as the kids they have with their significant others. And then there has been major wars including the Yuzhaan Vong (no idea how that is spelled) and the Dark nest.

Last night I completed the Exile book from the Legacy of the Force series and I have moved onto the Sacrifice book from the same series.

There is another part that I am wanting to talk about, but I will elaborate in my next post.

Wow has time flown. The snow is still falling and more on the way. I'll probably be posting the other part to this post tonight sense I won't have anything to do and I'll die of boredom.

So I'll see ya then!
-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment