Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Love Hate Situation Pt. 2 - Wrong Path

It's great to be back! I had intentions on writing earlier, but I found out all of a sudden that we had my sister's birthday party at the skating ring. I had alot of fun. I got a workout on wheels and help some of her friends learn how to skate. It felt good to get out for a day after being snowed in for nearly 2 days.

I wanted to explain something before we got into the next part in our series. After posting last night I observed that there might be some confusion with the title "The Love Hate Situation". Although my last post was about relationships, the others talk about the good parts and bad parts in the relationship that I have with these other 3 people. Please forgive the vagueness of this post. Now that I have cleared that up, let us begin.

Part 2: Wrong Path

This time this is about my friendship with a guy that I have known nearly all my school life. We first met our 3rd grade year. We were both transfers from other schools. I think we became friends easily because we both had a hard time fitting in with the other groups. I remember the time that year when a girl transfered in and we both really liked her and we both tried to impress her. But like those tv sitcoms, she wasn't into either one of us so that was that.

Later on, we went into different classes and we didn't see each other alot. But in our 6th grade year we had several classes together and our friendship grew from there. Back then Pokemon and Yugioh was the hit so we would go to each other's house and play cards or battle on our gameboys. Or we would get on the phone for hours at a time and play that way, although I'm sure both of us cheated.

I found out quickly that he was the leader of the two of us. It was a quality I didn't really respect about him, even to this day. I felt that he took the first chance he could get at something, even though I was trying to get a chance at it and was as much capable as him to acheive it. I never called him on this, even though I felt like I should have.

Later on towards our 8th grade year I found out that he had started smoking. I was shocked at how early he started. But I was also not aware at how many started at my age. I never judged him of it, at least not to his face. It never affected our friendship.

We then went our own ways again as I went to the regular high school, while he went to the High School/College School that we have here. But our sophmore year he told me something about him that changed our friendship forever. I don't want to discuss what it was because thats a whole blog post in itself. But our friendship grew from it...for a time.

But also at the same time it was the staging ground for the decaying of our friendship. Eventually we didn't see eye to eye and that was when he started hanging out with the people who did see him eye to eye.

Eventually that started to where he experimented with pot. Its common for our age group to try it around here, although I have never, nor do I plan on trying it. That soon lead to prescription drugs and alcohol, and then a mixture of all three. And like most people it was to get a thrill.

We had numerous arguments, including several months of no contact. He then apoligized, saying that he needed a walk with faith and get his head screwed back on. He said that he "Pushed away all of his friends". But whether or not he has found peace within himself, he has not tried to reestablish contact with me. Sometimes he says that he has moved on with his life. Come on people, this isn't a love drama. Although he certainly acted like it was.

The last time I heard from him was a month ago. And even that was brief. I don't think he wants to make contact with anyone he talked to a year ago. Or maybe he was tired of wondering if I approved of his risky actions. What he said that changed our friendship changed him ten times more. This is terrible of a friend, but I expect something to happen to him. It's not that I want it to happen, but the way he has acted, he isn't really helping himself out.

I just hope he can get control of his life before something gets in control of him.

Well now. That was more in depth that I expected it to be. I hope you were able to follow the story well with all the loop holes in it. I just felt that some things should be left unsaid.

Well due to school being cancelled tomorrow, I'll have more time to prepare the next part in the series!! I hope you are enjoying reading them because I fell so much better after writing them.

I'll see ya soon!
-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment