Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rebel

So you can probably tell now that I have alot of personal demons to deal with. I'm mainly talking about my last post. But you know what, I'm going to try and look ahead of all of this. I really don't know what I'm going to do about it, but it is really just a situation where you have to deal with it when it happens.

Moving on...I feel alot better about work. No, the situation is not better. But, knowing that pretty much every employee feels the same way that I do makes me feel a whole lot better. And even the 3 assistant managers feel the same way. Go figure.

But last night, our head manager finally unraveled the "Code of Conduct" that we knew was coming. It included such rules as parking a block away from the building so our cars don't inconvience customers. It also included the big rule, "No associating with co-workers". Yeah, good luck with that. Whatever happened to working as a team to getting things done. He doesn't understand that we all worked like dogs to get the jobs done everyday, and we even stayed hours after we were supposed to to get the place in tip-top shape.

It makes me laugh and nervous at the same time. I laugh because I know alot of the employees won't take it seriously. What makes me nervous is what he will do when he realizes that his policies are not taking full effect. And you know who get punished for it? Yes, me. My co-workers say I have nothing to worry about because I'm one of the best, but really, you have to stay on your toes. There may come a time soon when I will have to fight for the position that I currently hold. And yes, I will fight for it.

Well, that was a little rebellious thought. I don't have many of those, so this is suprising that I am writing this. My last thought is just remember to watch out for the new guys, because they are more than likely to screw things up for you! Have a wonderful day!

-Tyler

1 comment: