Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Set in Stone

Things seem to finally be looking up.  I seem to be done with all of the dread, fears and worries that I had bottled up in the past few weeks.  I bet you could tell about all of those things in the recent posts.  But, now things are turning my way.  I finally started buying stuff with the thousands of dollars that I have saved this summer.  I might as well buy stocks into Barnes and Nobel, because that is where I buy everything now!

One of my worries was the new manager that was coming in.  I was so worried that my job was on the line, as well as many others.  It's not that I don't work.  I would have to say that I am one of the most committed employees there, not tooting my horn or anything.  But our fear was that he would do what other employees would call "Cleaning House".  I'm sure it needs no explanation.  But you know what?  I met him today and he was great!  A very funny person I think.  I think he is a serious person, but someone that can let loose.  That is certainly someone that we need there.

The next thing is my sister working with me.  I told you that I was dead against it.  But now, I just seemed to forget about it.  I mean, it wasn't like I was going to be able to do anything about it.  But I have finally accepted it.  Besides, it could be a good thing.  I do hope that I get to train her tomorrow because I want to make sure that she is trained well and not misinformed on anything!

And lastly was the Ambassador program at my college.  I was so nervous and had alot of reservations about it, like talked about earlier.  But I walked in there yesterday and I was fine.  It just all came naturally.  I quickly realized how much of an honor it is.  I am the only boy of a group of 4.  That is 4 out of over 2000.  That is a huge honor.  Yesterday I had my picture taken with my fellow ambassadors and today I got to interview many groups about what they do at the college.  Very exciting!

But like I said about Barnes and Nobel, I am starting to spend ALOT!  I have bought every Brothers and Sisters DVD set, several DVDs, CDS and books.  My most recent purchase was the 'Set in Stone' Brian Mcfadden CD that came in yesterday.  I know, 'Set in Stone' is one of his older Cds.  But, I bought it because you can barely find it in the USA.  I have never heard of a store or private company that carried it, so I bought it for a pretty penny through their website.  And you know what?  It came over the weekend.  How awesome is that?  I listened to it 3 times yesterday, and man, I love it!  I knew alot of the songs, but it was nice to hear the rest.  Now, all I need to do now is buy his Wall of Soundz album, but I hope to wait awhile to see if it will be released in the USA soon. 

Well, that seems all about it for now.  I will talk to you all soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment