Wednesday, September 8, 2010

SU2C

The site finally seems to be working again.  I don't know what the problem was, but right when I call my domain guy, things start working again.  Go figure.  Also, I have been so busy with school that I don't have the motivation to write at the end of the day.  But I figured that I would take some time now to write about our lovable Delta Goodrem. 

We all wondered when Delta would make another apperance in the USA.  And by gosh, we are going to get one soon.  A very big one.  She will be performing at the Stand Up to Cancer television event this Friday.  And not only will she be on one network that night, she will be on several.  NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX and many others will show her bright face in front of millions of viewers.  I will save myself some time and post what I posted from the Delta Goodrem Forum:

For Australian fans that do not know what this is; this is pretty huge. It is aired on all news stations such as NBC, Fox, ABC and CBS. Imagine the views that Delta will get with her performance. This will really get her booming in the USA! So Excited!!

How much of a performance Delta will do is still to be determined. One, possibly two of three things could happen. First, she could perform one of her songs or another version of a different song. I think 'Angels in the Room' and 'Believe Again' and 'Be Stong' are very good possiblities since the show features uplifting songs from a very sad place.

There are two other song choices that I think are possible. 'In This Life' is a possibility since she is most famous for it. Although, it really doesn't fit the tone of the event, so I'm not so sure. Another song is 'Breath In Breath Out'. I think that song is a very uplifting song.

The next thing is that she may be doing a duet. Her tweet makes me think that it a very likely thing to happen. It could be a very good thing, or a very bad thing. If she has equal parts with her partner, it could be a hit and send her up the charts. However, if she turns out to sing the song like she sings 'Mistakes', she won't get much coverage.

My favorite thought, but not likely to happen is if she performs a song from her new album. While performing is for a good cause, her label may be using it as a promotion tactic. But neither her nor Brian have hinted about this so let's just assume that she won't be doing this.

The best thing about this is that every song performed on that event will probably be on the front page of Itunes. So whatever song and who she sings with will be available for purchase by millions of customers.  Imagine how more popular her current album, 'Delta' will be if people really like her on the networks! Not to mention if the song is not on the album, and is a single, it could really get some attention. 

But like I have said in the past, it is way too soon to tell.  But you know what, any sort of apperance is good for Delta in the USA.  Especially while her new album is in the process of being released.  So many things could happen with this performance, and I look forward to watching it so badly.  Forget work, I will make sure that I am sitting in front of the TV screen, and every other tv in the house is recording it! 

I hope I helped you decide on what you're doing Friday night, because I expect all of you to be watching this event!  Watch out, Delta is coming back with a boom!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment