Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Celebrate

Yes my friends, it's a time to celebrate! You may think I'm crazy, but the many people I work with will agree with me! We are so excited because our manager is no longer with us. No, he didn't die. He just got fired. YAY!!

Some of you probably are saying that isn't nice at all. But that just means you need to take a look back into my earlier posts. This guy had something against all of us. After he snapped one day, he was never the same, and that caused us to look forward to him leaving or getting fired.

When I found out, I danced my co-worker around. It was later embarrassing when I found out that my shift leaders saw the whole thing, and only laughed. I asked if I was that obvious, and they said of course.

Many things contributed to him getting fired, but the main thing has to do with the birthday party that he screwed up. Not sure if I told you about it, because this one was recent. It was on New Years Eve, and he didn't have anybody working the party, didn't have any cakes prepared, and didn't have any party favors ready either. The guests were furious. He tried to pass it off on some of the other employees, but the guests knew better. What he didn't know was that they had the owner's number on their speed dial. That goes to prove how close they were.

He was gone by Monday morning, after a call from Human Resources, and a very angry call from the owner's wife. And trust me, you never anger the owner's wife. He already had his things packed and was gone before I even found out about anything.

I felt bad about being so excited. Yes, I was rid of the only real problem in my life and I could move on and look forward to the new person that would come in. But I was sad because this was someone's career that was lost. And he was like everybody else in some parts that really pulled on your heart. He was an ex-marine, which meant that he saw alot of stuff, alot of bad stuff probably. And I remember him showing a picture of his cat and saying how it was his everything. I have a cat, and I understand where he came from.

But like many of my co-workers said, if he was even remotely nice to the employees and customers, he would still have a job, and we would be more willing to want him to stay. My pity changed when I found the 100-question test the he prepared before he was getting fired. It was alot of nonsense questions about the building, and word was that he was going to determine our future employeement on that test. I don't think I have ever heard of any sort of manager doing something like that. And if he really was planning on doing that, then he was removed at exactly the right time.

Human Resources is currently in charge, and they actually apologized how bad things got. But it was funny because they actually go onto the shift leaders for not notifying Human Resources about anything. What they don't know is that he was blocking us from contacting them. But you know what, he is gone now, things are getting back to normal, and I look forward returning to work!

-Tyler

After my joyous

No comments:

Post a Comment