Monday, January 31, 2011

Blacklight

Wanna get your dance on? Wanna find a song that you can't get out of your head? Well it won't be hard with this song that I'm going to tell you about. Like all of my most favorite artists, I come across them by complete accidents. I consider that a blessing. Many artists such as Delta Goodrem, Aimee Allen, TobyMac and Chris Salvatore rank as some of my top favorite artists. And my discovery of them were completely random as well. This band, One Call, is no different. And I'm gonna introduce you to a song that you will be bobbing your head to for some time!

AG Gamlieli, Justin Thorne, Chris Moy and Jose Bordonada make up the band, and I have to say, they are a good and talented bunch. I came across their first single, "Blacklight" while randomly browsing through iTunes. I always click on the songs that are in the Hot section, so after previewing a short bit, I knew it was gonna be an awesome song. I bought it, and I have been listening to it ever since.

"“It’s funny how one call can change your whole life.” remarked Chris Moy, giving name to the new band formed by legendary music executive Johnny Wright." That was found on their Facebook page. It also tells of how Johnny Wright has great success with getting the Jonas Brothers and N*SYNC to fame. So it looks like they are in good hands. And the fact that each one has had a great start before joining together gives them a head start.

"Blacklight" is a song that has you from the beginning. And then the whole song forms together as more things are added. It instantly puts you in a dancing mood, and also gives you the crave to grab someone and head out to the dance floor. The song also gives a provocative sense and just wants you to do something spontaneous and wild. And I am sure that some of you devoted fans have giving in to those urges.

The music video is just as captivating as it has what else, black lights. The dancing is flawless and you may see some people that you may know. I know for a fact that Art from Glee is on there for a brief second. And overall the video wants you to hop in and join. Sadly for me, I have no dancing skills at all.

But "Blacklight" isn't all there is. For the holidays, they sent out free mixtapes from their website. I downloaded it and it is pretty good as well. Some songs are covers from very popular artists and you can't tell the difference on some. So while it is still free, I recommend you get the mixtape now on their website!

So hopefully I don't need to tell you anymore to convince you to buy this song. But who knows, you may already know about it! They seem to already be popular, and their success continues to grow. If you haven't bought "Blacklight", I recommend you do. Come on, it is only $1.29. Go to iTunes here!

So guys, I hope you have enjoyed my review! These guys are really talented and I was more than happy to send them a little fans their way! Can't wait for some more of your work!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment