Sunday, January 9, 2011

Power Balance

How many of you have seen those commercials about the bracelets that help with energy, balance and flexibiltiy? Ring a bell? Well this device I'm referring to is called the Power Balance. And it is something alot of people are talking about, not only for the rumored effectiveness, but also for it's controversey.

According to Wiki, it is said to "use holographic technology" and to "work with your body’s natural energy field". It also says that it, "is based on the idea of optimizing the body’s natural energy flow, similar to concepts behind many Eastern philosophies. The hologram in Power Balance is designed to resonate with and respond to the natural energy field of the body".

I had seen the commercials for some time, and wanted one so bad to try one. And during my trip to Florida, I found them in a hotel gift shop. I was skeptical about purchasing it and wasting my money when possibly finding out it wouldn't work. I know she would have said anything to make a sale, but the saleslady said that she purchased one for $40 when it was first introduced. And althought she didn't feel different with energy or flexibility, she did feel a difference in her balance. I bought it because it was at a cheap price, and I knew I wouldn't find one at home, and I would always wonder about it.

After putting it on, I felt a difference in my arm. It felt heavier. So immediately I thought it was working. But maybe that was what I wanted it to do. I did some more research, and Wiki also says that two experts tested out the bands, and they "concede that simply believing the bands work could actually mean that people believe they notice improvements in their health or performance, a phenomenon known as the placebo effect."

The false claims that the manufactures admitted to didn't help either. They admitted that it wouldn't enhance 500X. So there are many things that make people skeptical about the product. Would you really pay for one?

I still wear mine despite the tests and false claims that have been unearthed. I still sometimes catch myself have alot more energy which causes me to seem stronger in cases. But like the tests say, it may just be the placebo effect. But let me ask you something. If the mind can be tricked into believing that the band works, and creates the effects that you expect to happen, isn't it worth it?

That may even be the secret to this product. But I think that if a person's body can become more energized, and balanced, I think people should use the band whether the band actually works or not. Think about it, it may be useful to you!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment