Saturday, January 22, 2011

Delta's Year

It is now 2011. And since Delta Goodrem spent most of 2010 for her creative skills to write her new album, many Delta fans are more than eager for her to release something. Some fans are even going to say that this year could be, "Delta's Year".

With confirmation from Delta that her album will be released this year, more towards the middle of the year, fans like you are hungry for any news of the official release date of the album, or even news of the first single. In interviews in the past, Delta has said that the album is 90% finished. So by now, shouldn't we have heard some news about estimated time for the album or single? For me, I feel that the single should already should be out, or the news already out in the open. But a part of me thinks that Delta wants every detail of this album set in stone before announcing anything. And who knows...maybe things will go faster after she is proud with the final product.

I am very excited about this album. News that she was going back to an "earthy" and "stripped back" feel makes me excited. It gives me reason to believe that we will be seeing a style from "Innocent Eyes" and the awesome work from the person that help write "Innocent Eyes". For some reason his name cannot come to my mind. But some awesome titles have been floating around such as "Hostage", "Escape", and "Thousand Years". There are tons more, and all seem worthy of Delta's name.

Now, everybody has been speculating about when the album and single will be out. I had my hopes up for a Christmas single. But I knew that if I wouldn't get it then, then I would get it soon these next few months. So when do I think it will come out? Well I think the single will be out hopefully within the next month. Then I hope the album would be out like promised, towards the middle of the year. That would give her plenty of time to promote.

Speaking of that, I think Delta will be very busy this year. With this new album, not only would she releasing it in Australia, but also in the USA, if not also the UK. Which I'm not sure how she will fit it all in because when releasing the single, she would have to promote it in Australia, then the USA, then trying to promote the album in both countries, and then trying to promote afterwards. And that doesn't include things that come up.

The only thing I know of that would work is if she released it in one country, then going to the next months later. I recall the Script doing that for their new album, "Science & Faith". They had to start with Australia and then the UK, then waiting til now to release it in the USA. I think it is obvious that Australia would be the first place that Delta will go to promote. She has the biggest fanbase there and plus it is her home. Unfortunatly that would mean that the USA would have to wait longer for her to come and promote. But it may be the other way around. She may start with the USA, then go to Australia. That makes sense as well because she is currently stationed in LA. And since she has the bigger fanbase in Australia, she may decided to focus on the USA first. But since it has been over 3 years since "Delta" was released there, she also needs to promote good there. Either way, someone will have to wait longer after things gets started! And I hope it isn't me!

Another thing going on is the box collections currently out in some places, and in the process of being released in others. The first box sex is the combination of her 3 albums, with the other one containing 3 DVDs, including "The Visualise Tour" and "The Believe Again Tour". I am very excited about the DVD set since I haven't seen Visualise. I would also like to buy the CD set, but I feel that it is too expensive for the same albums that I already have.

People were not happy with it because it kept getting delayed. My theory on that is because it was to help promote the new album, and the date was constantly pushed back because Delta had still not come out with news for the 4th album. I think they finally just had to go ahead and release it, which is a shame. But that also makes me wonder if the single or even the album was meant for this time right now.

Now for the USA, this box set wouldn't be a bad idea. "Delta" is the only album officially released in the states. I think the box set would help people get more familiar with her music, and then her fanbase would grow by the time her new album arrived. The problem with that though is that I think that there wouldn't be enough hype for people to buy it here. And if nobody bought it, then it really doesn't help. But I have high hopes that she made enough of an impact in 2008 in the states that people would buy it.

Now on to my theory about Delta in America. During her attempt in 2008, she had a semi-successful breakthrough. "In This Life" was #21 on the charts, and "Delta" was #7 on the iTunes pop charts the day it was released. And plus she was on The View and David Letterman. But two years have passed, now going for a third, and now it is a whole different ballgame. You have people like Lady Gaga and the return of Britney Spears to deal with. And plus, there is no guarantee that EVERY person that heard Delta during that time still remembers her.

But I have confidence that her persistance to stick with her same style of music will get her far with this album. Right now, in my opinion, many artists are turning over to the electro/pop/dance era. So it is smart to stay with the classic piano ballads that we expect will be on this new album. And I have a feeling that this album will give a feel of fresh air. And that gives me a reason to believe that this album could be the album that could break her into the USA markets.

So for her strategy for her second attempt into the USA, I would suggest that she returns to the same places that she went to in 2008. They will have a good chance of remembering her, and when they remember how great she was, and her sucess with "ITL", they will really throw her out there. Not only that, but she has many new resources that she can use. She has David Foster and Andrea Bocelli for a start, Foster noticing her during Bocelli's Christmas Tour, and then Bocelli when he invited her to two of his tours, one actually in the USA. Jim Brickman is another source, which he had her featured in his awesome song, "Breathe, Dream, Pray, Love". And then the last one would be her future hubby, Brian McFadden, which is also on the verge of releasing an album in the USA as well, with us hoping that his duet with Delta, "Mistakes" will be on there.

So I would have to agree that this could be "Delta's Year". She has alot on her plate though. And with all of the things that she has going on, she may have to run over into 2012 to fit everything in. Hopefully, that won't be the case!

-Tyler

1 comment: