Monday, June 7, 2010

End of an Era

Well today was my unofficial last day as a highschooler.  Only a few days left before I finally walk the line and enter the real world.  It is a very scary thought, more scary than you can imagine, but I think I can make it through. 

Today was my final day in this 3 year era that I have been living in.  I have told you numerous times about the elite choir that I have been in for so long.  If I haven't said the name, it is called the B*Naturals.  It is an audition group with some amazing talent.  I don't have the best voice, but I think that it is good enough to perform with. 

So many good things has come from this group.  First of all, it has really gotten me to be more open.  I know that when I first entered the group during my sophmore year, I was really shy and nervous and really didn't know anyone in there.  Now, I am really outgoing and funny and I seem to really connect with everyone with the group.

Over the years, I have seen many people come and go in the program.  Whether it was people graduating, or people who decided to choose a diffrent path while in school.  But there are a few that have stuck with the program since we have been in it.  I know for certain that four of us, including myself, have been in there all 3 years, and was even in the choral department before we got into Bnats.  We have seen eachother grow, and we have seen our director grow as well. 

In all honesty, we are a second family to eachother.  We have really great moments where we talk all throughout the night and we hangout at all of the events, and then we have bad moments where we feel that some of us are on the verge of collapse.  But, every time we prevail and we push on through. 

I didn't really think about the many stories I had in this group until today.  All of the laughs, the tears, and songs that we have went through during these years.  While the members who are not seniors will be moving on to take our place and lead the group in new and possibly better ways, us seniors will move on to diffrent paths and different preferences, but we will never forget this wonderful experience that we are now able to treasure in our hearts forever. 

I know I still have one more performance with them on graduation, but I feel like I am closing a chapter that isn't ready to end.  I guess all things can't last forever...

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment