Monday, November 29, 2010

Fundraising Process

Here is my third paper from my expository writing class. Enjoy!

Fundraising Process

As a senior in high school, I was required to participate in a senior project. For that project, I chose organizing and hosting a fundraiser for a cause. It was a very challenging and worthwhile project that I will always remember. Today, I hope to describe the important process that made my fundraiser successful, including the many obstacles and tasks that were thrown my way.

My process began by organizing all of my thoughts. There were many different fundraising options that I could have taken. While some would decide to just do a dinner, a silent auction, or a concert, I decided my plan was to use all three. That decision paved the road to my future plans and helped me move on to the next step.

With the next step, I had to decide and book the location, the food, and entertainment for that night. The best options from the Franklin location led to booking the location at the First Methodist Church in Franklin, the food from Gondolas, and the entertainment from the B*Naturals choir group. Because this fundraiser was for a non-profit organization, I could only choose options that were donated. After receiving those three vital aspects to the fundraiser, I could begin the smaller planning and advertising.

The advertising became my next priority in order to help my other plans fall into place. I began by forming a flyer that would be passed throughout the town and schools. Since the event was taking place in the fall, I added a Halloween feel with fall orange and black colors with a stand-out template. I also added the information with an easy view for possible viewers. And throughout the rest of the organization process, I also was interviewed for the event in newspapers and on live radio.

To be continued...

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment