Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Music Craves

I am so excited about the results of the poll so far. If you haven't heard of it yet, it is to your right. I started it last week, and I wanted more accurate results so I make the poll last from last week to Dec. 30th. I also wanted to make it more balanced, and added a variety of artists from people to vote for. 3 Pop, 3 Country, and 3 Rock. And so far, 5 out of the nine have triple digit numbers! Some on the verge of 4 digits! The voting is wild right now and we have just gotten started!

I should be doing anything other than writing right now. I have papers to write, a class to prepare to teach, and prepare for a speech. And all I can think of doing right now is talking about all of my music craves.

Such new and great music is out or coming out right now. Everytime I go on the iTunes store, something new is there. Like my last post, I bought Tim Urban's new song, and I just in the moment and started buying like crazy.

Tim released another new song. Called "Wheels Touch Down" I believe. It's good, but it really didn't give hype like the first one did. I moved on through the store and saw that the Black Eyed Peas has a new song out, a remake with a mixture of their own work in it.

The Script finally released their single for their new album in the states today. "For the First Time" is very good, expressing hard times in this economy. I was so excited to see the preorder for the new album. But of course, I will be buying it cheaper on Barnes and Noble. Sorry iTunes.

"Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry took a new turn when a male vocal sings it for the new episode of Glee. From what I have gathered, the song is to inspire Kurt, the gay member, by who I expect is the new boyfriend that Kurt is getting that we have heard about. I don't usually get songs that are very new, but this version of the song is really good, so I thought what the heck. I'm listening to it now, and hearing, "You think I'm pretty without any makeup on" from a guy is a little bit interesting. So moving along...

So I hear Joe Jonas is releasing his first solo album. I have to say that I am suprised that it took him this long. I figured that he would be the first one to break away and start on his own. But I hear it is going to have some pop/dance/electro feel to it. Knowing Joe, he probably will make it more wild than the innocent JoBros lyrics. Maybe I will be able to stand it more that way.

What makes me sad is that we haven't heard anything new from Delta Goodrem and Brian McFadden. Yes, today is Delta's birthday (LOVE YOU!), but no sign of a new single or a new album. What a bummer. And Brian's "Just Say So" single doesn't seem to be getting any more popular. I keep asking myself if the single is even being played on radio. Brian said it would be out Oct. 10th, but I haven't heard anything since. To be honest, if anyone was to release anything, I wish it would be these two great artists!

So you see? I have alot of craves right now. Do you have a crave that you cannot wait to be released? Comment and tell me what it is!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment