Sunday, November 7, 2010

Urban's Return

I did a little bit of digging today. I do it often when I look for artists that I have shown intrests for in the past. I look to see if they have any new music out, or have plans on releasing anything new in the future. The 9th season cast of American Idol caught my attention, and I started looking for some of their work.

Tim Urban was the only one other than Lee DeWyze that was in the midst of releasing anything new. Actually, he just released his first single just a few minutes ago! "Heart of Me" is now on iTunes, and I gotta admit, it's pretty good.

Of course, you all can't forget that I gave him a hard time. I think I recall saying that he mainly was on because the "Tween Girls" wanted to keep him on. And some of his performances really turned me off. But this new single is fresh, original and from an evolved Urban.

I watched the live chat that he took part in with ainow.com. He had some interestings to say. You can read the entire chat here.  Some things were:

"I want people to hear each of them [EP Tracks] and know that I put myself in all of them.”

“I've been blown away by all the support that I realized that I didn't need to get signed to get something out to people.”

And talking about his future with music, he says, "I might just keep releasing a few songs at a time.”

So I am actually pumped about the song and his entire EP. It all sounds good, and I think it will make #1 before sunrise. Who's kiddin, it will. And sorry Tim for being hard on you. It looks like you are really doing well, and I know you will be a success.

Make sure to buy the single on iTunes!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment