Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sticks & Stones

We all know it is coming. My music reviews are starting to come so frequently it is hard to be suprised anymore. This week I have been jamming to some very good tunes. And some were from people I never thought I would listen to. I'm sure these songs are favorites among some so this will be easy!

Justin Bieber. "AHHH!!!" I'm sure that is what some of you are saying. For me, it is taking alot for me to write about him. I haven't liked his music at all and I just haven't thought about talking about his music either. But the Grammys have changed my tone with his new song out and about. For the Grammys I had mixed reviews about the Beiber/Usher performance. At the beginning, I felt a "Gay" vibe going on for those two. But when Beiber sang his song, it was really good. It got me thinking of buying his song "Never Say Never". I did, and it isn't that half bad. It actually has a mature tone and theme, which is something I feel that he lacked in songs before. So I applaud you Bieber for this song and I encourage you to stay in this direction.

Another shocker is Adele's "Rolling in the Deep". She was another artist that I never cared for and never really paid attention when I heard her songs. But "Rolling in the Deep" has caught my eye and I haven't been able to stop playing it. It has a soul feel and it is just enjoyable to hear. So many people I know have been all over her and I can see why. I may be tempted to buy her latest album.

Someone that you may not know though is Jason Reeves. Although he has many singles and albums on iTunes, I think this new single of his really has people looking at him. I know I ceratinly have. His single "Sticks and Stones" came out this week I belive, and it is a rather decent single. It is different from his past work though. This single is a more faster pace and more dance and pop while I think his past work is more slower, and more acoustic. But this single may be the start of a new Jason Reeves, and I encourage you to start with this song!

Someone else that I think you should listen to is Andrew Allen. His recent version of "Loving You Tonight" came out this week and it really gets you in a summer theme. It has a popish/acoutic theme and has the lyrics to send girls flying all over him. While some people say his song is like all the other love songs, he doesn't seem to have to use alot of energy to spread the warm vibe. All it wants you to do is stick your feet in the sand and sip on your favorite drink. I highly recommend it.

Well guys, like every other music review, I hope you check out these songs and see for yourself if they are good choices. And make sure to spread the word about the awesome songs! Watch out next time for my new set of music reviews!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment