Saturday, April 24, 2010

Former Ambitions

Well still no USA release from Brian Mcfadden.  I guess my next thing to look foward to is the new Tuesday releases and hope for it to be released then.  But I'm not holding my breath. 

Anyways, lately I have been thinking of my past journeys on the internet.  It is amazing to think that I have revolutionized my technological methods really in only 3 years.  Before then kids my age was really into IM Messaging and Email and internet games.  I remember when the last Harry Potter book was due to be released was when I began my first new internet journey. 

That time was when I was really exposed to forums.  I remember when the Wizarding Wireless Podcast was out on Itunes.  I remember how they always talked about Harry Potter and discuss their theories about the new book, then asked us to go on their forum and talk about our own theories.  I was so impressed with how the forum worked and how members spent alot of their time talking.  So I started one of my own. 

After several different tries with different sites, I finally settled down with one.  And I wanted it to be a Harry Potter forum with a title that worked well with the new book.  So I called it Deathly Hallows.  There were so many people that came on to talk about their theories.  DH was also the place where many of the different controversial "fake" versions of the book came up.  We spent alot of time determining the authenticity of the books.  But it was really a good time to have with so many internet friends. 

After the release of the book, the site really went quiet and has been that way for the 3 years since.  It was heartbreaking for many to not be able to theorize about the books anymore.  Even though the forum was close to dead, it paved the road for a new forum that would last for years. 

I'm talking about Chatter World.  Many of you who read this have been loyal fans of the site for years.  I began this era of my forum days around the beginning of September many years ago.  It was based on general topics and then also talked about specifics.  The site grew for so many years and had so many loyal fans.  But like many other sites, this one also has also met it's end.  I have decided to close the site the first of June.  I know that is shocking to some, but that era has passed and is time to move on. 

Another method I have used throughout the years is podcasting.  This was an interesting way to get in contact with people.  I have done tons during this time such as a few Deathly Hallow episodes, a few featuring Delta Goodrem, and my own podcast version of Chatter World, Chatter Tyler's Podcast.  I have to admit, this was not my most successful move.  The listeners were not really pleased with it and I agree.  I understand that it is hard to hear one person talking about the same thing for episodes all the time.  So this thing really didn't last long. 

And the last can current thing I'm doing right now is blogging.  Ha yep, your reading my new crave.  And to be honest, this is a mix of everything, talking about everything like in my forum, and speaking out about it like my podcasts.  This is certainly one my favorite things to do.  And it is so awesome to have you reading it!! 

Now that I reread this post I notice that some of this doesn't make sense.  So please bear with me haha.  I hope you enjoyed my journey down memory lane and I'll see you later!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi.

    I'm a member of your forum under the user name "Medora." I just noticed your announcement about the closing of Chatter World on 1 June.

    Ever since I joined your forum in 2007, I was interested in participating because you had a decent community. I speak not of the posts and topics, but of the group of people you had. Having read your announcement, I understand your decision, and I do not say it is a bad one.

    I am saddened, nonetheless, about the loss of the records of the members collected by that Internet message board, and I wonder if you would not be interested in inviting them over to my message board on the date of its closing, so as to present the possibility that some may decide to join the place that you and a few of your members have already joined.

    If you are not interested, though, I understand.

    In any case, take care, and thank you for providing an interesting Internet community for several years.

    ReplyDelete