Saturday, April 10, 2010

Reconnection

It feels so good to get back home.  I slept in today and woke up thinking it was really early.  I think I got use to that California time really easily. 

So in my area, prom is just around the corner.  And for the few that has stuck with me from the beginning, you will remember the fiasco from the last prom.  It wasn't really what happened right then and there, but what happened afterwards.  You can read all about it in my posts 'Destroyed by Love' and 'The Love Hate Situation- Pt III'. 

But anyways, this time so close to prom really got me thinking about my friend.  Even now, after all this past year, you can feel such hatred and tension. But then I started to think that hey, maybe some of it was my fault that went on between us.  Of course.  I did stuff that made her think that I was interested in her, and then I just tried to run from the situation after what happened to try and sort it out, which only made it worse. 

So today, I talked to her and actually apologized for the things I did that contributed to the dissolvement of our friendship.  She was very hostile at the beginning, but getting more indepth in the conversation she seemed more calm and willing to work this out.  Our conversation has ended for now, but it is at a good place at this moment.

But will I return to the point where me and her were friends?  No.  What happened, happened.  And what was said was said.  We have both said things that has ruined our friendship beyond repair.  And then I still have those threatening messages that she sent me.  I think that it is just better to walk away and go our seperate way, but with the slate cleaned.  But things are still in the works, so who knows.

And there was also another friend of mine that I have lost contact with that I seemed to connect a little bit with again.  Apparently, they live near me now so we have less distance to talk.  But, there is also the thing that made our friendship complicated.  But we actually talked about it as well, and we seem to be on the same page again.  But at the same time, things could go either way. 

So I actually feel better about myself now.  I feel like the bigger person by trying to reestablishing these friendships.  Only time will tell though.  Until next time!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment