Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Deja Vu

Today I finished my summer job.  You have no idea how excited I am about it.  I hate to admit it, and I wish I hadn't, but I feel that I wished my summer away because of this job.  Everytime I go in there, I felt like a deer in a headlight.  I feel that I was handed more responsibilty and liablity than I was led on to believe.  And the kids, wow, they seem way more wild and un-obedient than anyone in my class in was their age.  Although, they do seem to act alike now.  Anyways, it was an experience, but I don't think I will be returning to that chapter in my life again. 

Something funny though, I had a serious case of Deja Vu today.  I could swear that I was reliving a moment today when I was watching a lifeguard telling kids the rules about playing in the creek.  I just zoned out and I kept trying to grasp on to that feeling of experiencing the same thing.  I think that was my time experiencing Deja Vu, and everytime I seem to spend most of my time trying to remember where I felt that same feeling.  I guess everybody does. 

Speaking of Deja Vu, Mike Posner released his new album today.  '31 Minutes to Takeoff' was released early this morning and has since made the top album charts on Itunes.  His first single from the album, 'Cooler than Me' has been on the top for some time, so of course people were going to see what all he had to offer.  And it's a very cheap price, so I don't see why people don't buy it. 

I just have one thing to say about it.  When I listen to this album, I get the feeling that I'm listening to "Forbidden" contents, if that even makes sense.  "Naughty" is not the word I would use, but it certainly isn't the innocent lyrics like Delta Goodrem.  But for some reason, I already like the album.  And maybe the "Forbidden" feel is why I keep listening to it.  Who knows.  But don't take my word on it, buy it and see for yourself! 

Well guys, it's been fun but I'm actually going to go to bed early.  I'll talk to you all soon. 

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment