Saturday, August 28, 2010

Thriving Ivory

Well guys, the official release date for Brian Mcfadden's 'Just Say So' single is planned to be released on September 19th.  The funny thing about this was that the rough draft of this post said that I had no idea when the single would be released.  I guess it's a good thing that I waited on releasing it.  I am very excited about it, and I will keep you updated on it.    There is some more good news.  There is a band that will be releasing their new album soon.  And they already have a single out for it.  Yes, I'm talking about Thriving Ivory. 

When Delta Goodrem was really popular on VH1, I started to notice the music video for Thriving Ivory.  'Angels on the Moon' had a catchy sound to it, along with a retro 80's sound.  After listening to the song on the TV a few times, I eventually broke down and got their song.  And I was very impressed!  It then led me to buying their debut album. 

Actually, I think Delta and Thriving Ivory performed together at a concert.  That was back when real good songs were hitting the air ways and were making really popular on VH1 and on the charts.  Thriving Ivory made 'You 'Otta Know' artist on VH1 and made it very popular in many places. 

Their songs such as 'Alien' and 'Runaway' are very good, and keeps you listening over and over.  I remember when I first bought the album, I kept it on replay and it played the same songs for hours.  Then they started releaseing a few singles, which didn't go on radio.  'Flowers for a Ghost' and 'Kiss the Rain' are favorites of mine, and I sing 'Kiss the Rain' in my shower every night.  Don't tell anybody though. 

Then they released their new song for their new album, 'Through Yourself and Back Again'.  The song is titled 'Where We Belong', and it is by far the best song that they have released.  While some parts sounds random, it all comes together and to me gives hope and strength.  It doesn't seem to have made a huge impact on Itunes, but I assure you, it will soon enough!

So I encourage you to buy the new single and then I encourage you to buy the new album coming September 14th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment