Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tribulation

This long gap of not writing has been very unnerving.  It has been very hard to put stuff into words.  This post has been the first post that has taken me 3 days to write.  When I try to write it, my mind wanders off to the many different things going on.  This new step in my life, College, has been the focus of my life right now.  Not that I want it to be this way, it just seems to work this way. 

I spent last Thursday getting to know the campus that I won't even be attending until at least next year.  Though, I did seem to be in the spotlight a few times.  I just walk into the building and they point me out as a school ambassador.  They told me to stand up and wave and they said that if they needed anything, come and see me for questions.  I have still yet to take my training session with the program, and already they are sending people my way to ask questions. 

The good thing is that I managed to walk out of there without paying one dime for my books.  How exciting!  Apparently my scholarship went towards my books, so this semester I have no bills to pay!  That's more money in the bank to earn interest!  I'm always looking for the long-time picture!

On Monday I started college.  It was a very strange and worrying experience.  My only class was math, and that was in the afternoon.  On Tuesday, it featured History, Public Speaking and Math again.  The funny thing on that day was that one of my teachers told my class that she doesn't mind if we miss a few days and tell us about it.  But what she said is and I quote,"You wanna know what happens to people who lie about not coming to my class?  They go to hell!" Can you believe that.  But she appears crazy as a bat so I am not that concerned. 

But yesterday and today has been sorta of a routine.  Tomorrow though, I start my Friday class.  I should have taken the Fridays off like my advisor offered to me.  But you know what, there is a ton of people that is doing double, if not triple what I'm doing.  So you know what?  I'm not going to complain. 

But you know, I can blame my stress on school, but the truth is that there is other things that bother me.  My dad came home on Tuesday saying that his dentist found a spot on his gums.  Whether it is precancerous or cancerous, we don't know yet.  But the fact that the worst case scenario is a possibility, it sorta freaks you out.  It has been in the back of my mind all week now.  He has dipped for the past year or so, so that increases the risks, if not causes it.  But everybody seems to be fine and is confident that everything will be okay, so I guess I need to as well.  We should never freak out until we know certain things.  I'll let you know how that things go.

Other than that, there is something else that is eating at me.  It is something that continues to pop up in my head over time, but now it just seems to be all I can think about.  I guess with all this other stuff going on, I wanna think about other things.  I don't know if it concerns a general thing, or something in specific, but I know that I have put more thought into it than I realize.  Sorry, you don't get to know about it!  Sometimes, some things are just better left unsaid...

Well there you have it folks.  Three days worth of writing.  I know, it isn't much, but when you have so much thinking going on, and not alot of motivation to write, not alot comes out.  Hopefully I'll be able to return to my old routine, and post regularly.  We'll see how it goes!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment