Thursday, February 4, 2010

Choice

Ah, 8 consecutive posts, and I ruined it last night!! I'm so ashamed at myself!! I went to watch Avatar last night and after I got home it was just way too late for me to even think about blogging.

To cut the story short about Avatar; I thought it was the best movie of the year so far, and was filled with great effects. I'm not sure if I would have judged it for it being standard or 3D. But it was pretty good!! I hear that they want to make a sequel. I would be very disappointed if they made one because I think it was perfect the way it left off.

So I found out today in my B-Naturals class that I would need to pick a song for our Listening discussion day. All 17 of us would pick a song, play it, and then discuss it. I think it is a great way to be introduced to new and different music. Its a very hard for me to pick out songs though. I have alot of favorites and I try to pick the perfect one so people would be impressed with my choice. Below are the songs and a discription of why I picked them.

Burn for You by tobyMac- I was introduced to this song about a week ago. By the sound of it for the first time, you expect it to be one of those rap, degrading songs. I found out that it is actually a Christian song by a Christian artist. When I started to really listen to the lyrics I was very impressed. Certainly one of my favorite Hip Hop/Rap songs!

Something to Hope For by The Undeserving- I found this song by a random search from Itunes. Strangely enough, thats how I find alot of the best songs. I find this song very motivating. It says that after trouble and caos, to keep fighting because there is still something to hope for. This was CNN's theme during the Haiti crisis and I think it is perfect for it.

Not Me, Not I (Live) by Delta Goodrem- Obviously this would be my first pick to let them listen tomorrow. But the whole class expects me to pick a Delta Goodrem song so I have to prove them wrong. But this was on my list because I love how Delta sings live. I have to say that I think she sings wonderfully live, even though I think her songs are a work of brilliance. She adds new flavor to her songs live and it makes you enjoy it.

Breakeven by The Script- This song is very catching and very easy to become a favorite. The leader has such an interesting voice. I love the high notes that he can produce and be able to do it multiple times. The lyrics are very meaningful and is worth hearing.

On Fire by Switchfoot- Some people say that Switchfoot adds a religious message to their songs, and I would have to agree with them. It is very hard to describe, but it really makes you look back on your life.

Everybody Loves Me by Onerepublic- Onerepublic has been one of my favorite groups for a good while. They were able to impress me with their sophmore album. 'All the right moves' wasn't able to make a lasting impact compared to 'Apologize' I think, but it really was a good return into the music industry. And we look at ELM, which provides a catchy, yet random feeling to it. But certainly very good.

Due to my lack of being able to choose a song quickly, I turned the decision to my sister. I knew that Delta, tobyMac, and Switchfoot would be the last on her list because I have exposed her to Delta way too much, and is not familiar with Switchfoot. Her decision was Something to Hope for. I had originally picked this song as well so great minds think alike.

Well this is a rather quick post for today. I wanted to bump this thought up first because it was fresh in my mind. If I have impressed you with any of these songs, I encourage you to check them out. They are certainly going to make a lasting impressing on you.

Until we meet again...
-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment