Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thoughts of Urban

I don't think there is one of us in the USA that is a stranger of the American Idol show. Even the other contries on this earth have their own adaptations. It is one of the best reality tv shows that you can find, with tens of millions of people watching it every week. The show is currently in it's 9th season. Or is it 10th? I lost count. Either way, this is the first one in the past three seasons that I have watched. I got back into it, and it is still really good.

This week, we have seen the top 24 perform to get into the top 12. At this stage, you really start to find out who has the real talent, and who can do diffrent and many types of songs. And of course, with you people who have AT&T, can vote for the people you like. This week there were the contestants who had their good songs and bad songs, but there was one in particular that I want to talk about today.

Tim Urban is on this season, and made it onto the top 24 pretty much by luck. When Chris Golightly was disqualified, Time was up to replace him. To be honest, I was excited about this switch. He has that "normal","girl's heartrob" look to him, which is a pretty vital quality to be on the show.

This week, he chose "Apologize" by OneRepublic. This is one of my favorite songs. It was destroyed by him. You have to have a high male voice for that song, and Urban didn't cut it. You could tell that when he was trying to hit a high note, he was pushing it, and when it did come out, it was a very quiet sound.

My sister and I both thought it was a terrible performance, and we were very disappointed because we both thought that he would be good. I was pretty much sure that he would only make it because of the girls were all hot for him.

Even Simon said that they were right in not choosing him the first time. That was harsh, but it seemed like it was true.

Then came for elimination night. And you know what? He made it. I was super shocked with that, and by the looks of it, so was he. I think he was sure that he was going to get kicked off.

So we get to see him for another week. I really hope he chooses a better song to sing. Another performance like that will get him the ax on the show. This may seem shocking, but I really hope he does do well on this show. I'll update you more on American Idol performances later next week.

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment