Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Back to Magic- Chapter 10

Chapter 10- Reunited, For Better (Or Worse)

Harry turned, and started walking for the staff room door. "I mean it...with or without you, I'm going. You can either join me, or stay here and wonder what happens next!" With that, he strode through the door, closing it loudly.

Hagrid and Lupin only hesitated a moment, then both turned and tore for the door as if possessed. Following Harry, they all descended the great stairs, and exited through the massive oak doors that in better days had welcomed so many students to Hogwarts. Walking silently across the grounds, they kept an alert eye out for anything unusual. Suddently, they heard voices shouting in the distance.

Harry and Lupin had their wands out instantly, while Hagrid brandished his umbrella. It took a moment for them all to realize that the voices were coming from ablove them, and as one, they all looked skyward.

To Harry's amazement, he saw Ron, with Hermione hanging on for dear life, flying towards them as if being chased, hollering the who time. "Harry...Harry, wait for us!!" they cried, landing lightly next to them on the verdant lawn. "Thank goodness we found you...we've been worried sick, and now I'm sure everyone is in an uproar since we vanished, too!"

"What are you two doing here?" Harry gave them both a look of utter exasperation. "I told you, I'm doing this without you two...I refuse to see anymore friends die over something I have to end! It's bad enough that I had to involve Hagrid, but you two..." Harry shook his head, as if shaking off visions of some impending doom. "It would kill me if anything happened to you two, also!"

"Harry, for a smart bloke, you can be so stupid," stated Ron, giving Harry a short, but piercing stare. "We both told you after Dumbledore's funeral that we were going, whether you liked it or not, and we're gonna...that's that!"

"Thats right Harry," cried Hermione, looking as if she was only too glad to have her feet on the ground again, "there is nothing you cacn do to change it now, so either come off what you are planning or I'll have to find some Vertitiserum somewhere and MAKE you tell!"

Hermione and Ron both stared stonily at Harry, as if daring him to tell them no. Then Hermione turned to Hagrid and Lupin. "I'm so glad to see you both...do you have any news of Voldemort's movements?"

While Harry just stood there dumbfounded, Lupin spoke up. "Nothing more than what most know, Hermione. Oh, we hear rumors about supposed plans, but they have, for the most part, turned out to be largely rubbish. Fenrir, of course, knows that I'm a member of the Order, so that avenue is pretty well cut off for me, which leaves me out of the loop. I didn't even have the chance to really discuss it with Hagrid before Harry showed up...Hagrid?" They all turned to him and looked up.

Hagrid shook his head. "I've bin shut up here a' the castle, hadn't I? I don't know much beyond the same rumors yer have been hearin', which makes me wonder what You-Know-Who is gonner be expecting sum'mat like that!" With that statement, ALL eyes turned to Harry, who just stood with his mouth agape.

After a moment, Harry finally looked down, knowing he was defeated. "Find...do what you what. Bu know this, for better or worse, I'm going after Voldemort, and it's going to be dangerous. If you are coming, then let's go."

With that simple statement, Harry turned and headed for the gates to the road to Hogsmeade. after only a second's hesitation, the other four followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment