Sunday, March 14, 2010

Edens Edge

Gosh, it is taking almost all of my energy to stay away today. This new time change. It happens to me every time. And it usually takes me a few days to a week to really get used to it. But I am looking forward to the longer daylight.

So since we have spent all of our time in the past 2 weeks talking about Harry Potter and the story, I wanted to catch you up on a few things. In my area, we have a place called the Smoky Mountain Center for the Performing Arts. It is an elegant place for you to watch anything from community plays to special artists that are booked to come in and perform.

Well on Friday, my parents and I bought tickets for the Randy Travis concert that would be taking place at the performing arts. It was a rather unexpected plan that we came up with. Actually we decided to go a hour before it started. I have never been a country fan, nor a Randy Travis fan, but I decided to go because I might to get my picture taken with him or something.

It turns out that he doesn't do meet and greet or anything like that. Something about him being afraid of stalkers or something. I guess he doesn't realize now that he is popular and is appearing in a southern town.

Anyways, the supporting act was the 3 person band; Edens Edge. This band consits of Hannah Blaylock, Cherrill Green, and Dean Berner of Nashville, TN. They have been on their music journey since 2007, and it looks like their name is about to get bigger.

When I heard them at the concert, they sounded really good. They were a band that I could relate to because they were much more younger than Travis was. And the end of their part of the show, they invited eveyone to meet them at the lobby for pictures and autographs.

As soon as the show was over I went to their table to meet them. They all were so nice. I got both their CD and picture autographed. And then when the crowd got lower my sister and I went back for pictures. If you will look at the top right hand of the page, you can see the picture.

It's cool to think that I could have all of these things from potential music stars. Apparently they are in the studio and plan on releasing a song in the summer. I wish them the best of luck, and hopefully I'll get to see them again.

I guess that is all I have to say for today. I'll talk to you all soon!

2 comments:

  1. THANKS TYLER!!!! You made our day when we came upon this blog. Its people like you that show us we are making a difference.
    Hope to see you again soon!
    Hannah
    Edens Edge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah, I'm so happy you got to read this! Hopefully people will be able to read this, and will be able to put the name with the face when you start releasing! I see you have a blog so I'm going to follow you. The best of luck!

    ReplyDelete