Saturday, March 13, 2010

In Rememberance

So yesterday we concluded the 12 Part 'Back to Magic' series. It amazes me that we have done this story over the course of nearly 2 weeks. It was fun writing it with these people and being able to hear all of your reponses to it.

And I'll just let you all know right now that I am in the process of planning another story with other writers. I won't tell you the subject of the story just yet, but I'll assure you, that alot of thought is going into it, and will bring alot of excitement to the blog.

Now, remember that we wrote this weeks before the 7th book was released. As you can tell, we were way off with our predictions. Although, we were at the beginning stages of being on the right track. Godrics Hollow was mentioned. And the revolution that McGonagall was planning in the last chapter reminds me of the rebellion that they had against Voldemort in Hogwarts.

The last chapter is by far my favorite of all 12. I was looking forward to seeing this rebellion of sorts take place. I wanted Hogwarts to be a major part of the story, but not in the way that we saw it used in the past six books. Unfortunatley, I never got to really go deep into this plot, but I wanted to make it as important as the Harry Potter part of the story.

Revisiting this story has reminded me of when the Harry Potter book was being released. I started the Deathly Hallows forum about six months before the book came out. It was really fun to be apart of it because everybody wanted to be apart of the Harry Potter hype.

I think my site was filled with more excitement than the other sites at the time, because we had one certain person that "claimed" to have the information on the book. The credibiltiy of this guy's words were questioned alot during the time, but it was really fun to read and speculate with the other members.

Also, a member came across a 200+ paged manuscript that at the time appeared to be the book. I never read it when I had it because I was afraid it was the real think and it would ruin the excitement for me. From the little I read, I can tell you now that it wasn't the actual book. Now that I think about it, it would be rather fun to read it. I'll see if I can find it somewhere.

But anyways, it has been nearly 3 years since the release of the book. We have seen one movie since then, one follow book, and two more movies within the next two year.

We have also seen the creation of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter coming sometime this year. I am so excited about it. It is planned to be in Flordia. I really hope to visit it when it opens.

My mind has suddenly hit a blank. Anyways, I figured it would be nice to close the 12 part series with a summary of the Harry Potter hype that took place back 3 years ago.

Stay tuned because I have alot to catch you up on!!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment