Sunday, March 28, 2010

Recap

Well guys, I have returned!! It has felt so long since my last talk with you all. To be honest I felt like I was in a diffrent world in Florida. I didn't realize it, but I really needed this trip.

It started off when I walked in the chorus room dressed in my pj's, ready to go. After a couple of hours of waiting and rehearsing, we got on the road. It wasn't long after rolling that I felt like a new person. I felt like I could just let myself loose and really be the Tyler that I am.

I thought the bus would be more comfy though. It was clearly not suited for night travel. I think I got only 4 hours of sleep on the ride down, if that much. Everybody was on top of each other and nowhere to spread out, especially when the guy beside you is double your weight.

Let's not forget the tension as well. We had this whole spill about equality among the band and choir. And then when the choir was split among the two buses, people got angry and said things that I'm sure they will regret in the future. Apparently I was the leader of this "Mutiny" by signing my name first for the non-choir bus. Sorry folks, but I choose the one that appears more convient.

We began the next day by getting up from the little sleep we had and going to Magic Kingdom. That day formed the group that I was with for the remainder of the trip. We went everywhere, including Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Pirates of the Caribbean. And then the night on the park ended with a wonderful fireworks show and a huge downpour on the way back to the buses.

I surely didn't get any sleep on this trip. Although our hotel was huge, now on my top ten, and was able to fit 4 guys into their own beds, the guy sleeping near me snored enough for 20 people. The next day I threatened to slap him every time he snored afterwards. He didn't afterwards...

Now the next day was when we performed. We watched all the Jazz band and Marching band perform, and then we performed at one of the resorts. We had a really good time performing, and it was possibly our best performance yet. One of the judges then came up to us to do a 15-minute clinic. Funny thing was that he wanted me to act like a 700 pound man to get a certain note to feel a certain way. And I was like, Uh really?

Then the last day was at Hollywood Studios. Most of us went to audition at the American Idol experience. Sadly, none of us made it, including my director and the band director. I'm sure some of us sounded good, but they were also probably looking for stage presence, attitude. My judge said that they really look at the first 5 seconds of the audition to tell how strong our voices are . Of course they didn't tell me that before I auditioned with a mellow and soft Delta Goodrem song!

We spent the rest riding many such as Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller Coaster. All were great, but oh how I hate Tower of Terror. I don't understand how people love to feel like they are free falling. I had to ride it again for our group picture later that day, and oh how I hated it.

Then this was probaly the most exciting part of the trip. We went to the stadium where they held the stunt show for our awards ceremony. And the host wanted 2 representatives from each group to come down and accept the awards instead of the directors. And our picked myself and my friend to be the Bnats representatives to accept it. I had never felt so honored and nervous at the same time. See, this wasn't just a few hundred. There were at least 3-4000 people there. Talk about intimidating. But when we got called we waved at the crowed and accepted it. We only got a excellency, but only because the scoring is diffrent there than in NC.

After that we got on the bus and boy was I tired. I fell asleep shortly afterwards, and only woke up a few times, suprisingly. And then I wound up here in NC.

Well I guess thats all I have to say about my recap. This was truly the best trip I have had with my schoolmates. It was sad to come back, but I could not wait to get back in my own bed. It's good to be back and we will return to regular programming...haha!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment