Sunday, March 7, 2010

Back to Magic- Chapter 6

Chapter 6- Return to Old Friends

"Hagrid!" cried Harry. "Am I glad to see you!"

"And I'm glad ter see yer too, Harry..I've been worried sick ever since I heard that yer run off without telling no one where yer were headin'." Hagrid turned and glanced back inside the staff room, then looked at Harry intently. "Are yer going ter do a disappering act on me too, nows that you know someone's here?"

"No, Hagrid...as a matter of fact, you are just the person I was hoping to find." Harry glanced down, then earnestly looked up and into Hagrid's eyes. "I came to ask something of you, and I'm hoping that you will do it for me, but I know you will have some reservations."

Hagrid again glanced into the staff room, then back to Harry, a guilty gleam in his eyes. "Harry, before yer start telling anything, I should probably tell you that Lupin is here too." hagrid opened the door a bit wider, and Harry peered around his massive body to see Lupin, quietyly sitting in a chair, and staring out the windo as if he didn't see or hear anyone around.

"It's alright, Hagrid...I should have known that he would find shelter here, just as I did, once." Harry stepped past Hagrid, and walked over to Remus, and simply smiled at him softly. "Hey Professor...here to rest some?"

Lupin rose, stared intently into Harry's eyes, and said quietly, "No, actually I cam to see if you were here. It seemed like the most likely place to find you, given the circumstances."

Harry's eyes wandered briefly from Lupin to Hagrid, then back, and he seemed to suddenly come to a decision. Nodding slightly, he turned to Hagrid and said "Well, I might as well get on with it. Hagrid, I need to ask something very important of you, and Professor, please...don't interfere with this. This is something I need to do, and can't do without Hagrid's help."

Harry paused, trying to find the right words, then simply blurted out, "Hagrid, I need you o take me to my parent's house in Godric's Hollow. I need to see where it all started, and I want to go as soon as possible."

Lupin's face tightened, but it was Hagrid's reaction that stunned Harry. "Harry, have yer gone daft? Yer can't be heading there, it's just the sort of place that Voldemore would be watching for ye, it's madness to even consider it!"

Harry stood there, silent, for a moment, at a loss for how to handle Hagrid's reaction. Finally, he said quitely, "Hagrid, you take me, or I go alone, but I AM going."

Hagrid and Lupin exchanged looks, then they both turned back to Harry.

2 comments:

  1. We actually wrote twelve chapters of these awful typos? Ha! I've learned to use spell check since then, I swear.
    The lady who wrote this chapter was the main reason I kept adding chapters. She was good and I wanted to keep up with her. I can't for the life of me remember her screen name.
    I predict Hermione and Ron are due to turn up soon. I'm remembering more of this story with each chapter. I wrote a piece where they go to the village to eat and Hermione comes up with the plan to go to Godric's Hollow as Muggles.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, as I was typing it I was trying to correct the obvious mistakes. It's fun to relive all of this because it was such an exciting time back then. I had the idea of getting all of us together and continue the story but I think it wouldn't be good since we know what happens.

    ReplyDelete