Thursday, July 22, 2010

Allies

Phew, everytime I come on here I seem to be rambling about my job and how much I seem to be working.  Well I have been working alot, but guess what?  I have most of next week off!!  I am very excited since I thought that I would not be getting to go anywhere this summer.  Anyways, enough of that stuff, I have alot more exciting stuff to talk about. 

Two days ago was my sister's birthday.  She turned 16.  I know turning that age seems to be a new milestone.  She got her license, so of course it seems like a new life for her.  I really didn't get to enjoy that feeling since my driver instructor didn't start my classes until 3 months after my 15th birthday, making me unable to get my licence when I was 16. 

Anyways, I was very concerned when she started heading out.  It's not that I don't think she isn't capable of driving.  I'm just afraid that something will happen at a split second that could change a normal situation while driving.  I have a feeling that my mom is feeling the same way right now.  She says that she didn't worry about me when I started driving, so I guess she is extra worried for her.  For her birthday card, I thought about buying her a sympathy card and saying that it was nice knowing her while she had her license.  Now that I think about it, I don't think it was such a bright idea. 

For her present from me, I bought her a Lady Antebellum CD.  I bought it online via Barnesandnoble.com.  I bought it a week in advance, along with two other books.  I figured it would arrive days before, giving me enough time to wrap it and such.  Didn't happen.   I pretty much had to bless the UPS man out because it arrived just as I walked out the door to her party.  But hey, at least it made it. 

I arrived at her pool party with pizza and gifts.  I think she enjoyed it pretty well.  I started to cry when she started crying when I presented to her the family gift that I gave her.  It was a collage of many pictures of her and family.  It had a small note printed on it wishing her a Happy Birthday, and hoping that she can notice all of the pictures 16 years in the making.  It was totally worth the time I put in making it.  As long as it made her happy. 

Moving on.  Today I finished the current book that I was reading.  'Allies', part of the 'Fate of the Jedi' series.  I admit, I rather enjoyed it!  It was way better than the book before it, 'Backlash'.  While Backlash was boring at some parts, Allies was very entertaining, filled with adventure, political stuggles, along with Jedi struggles and a climax to keep you on your toes and an ending that leaves you hanging, begging for the next book.  Sadly, the next book is several months away.  Can I really make it that long?

For now, I am reading 'Heroes'.  I noticed the book at the bookstore and then when I was making an online order, I noticed it again.  I decided to buy it.  It is pretty promising.  I haven't got far, but according to the back, it is a story based on a teenage boy who eventually becomes a superhero.  Not only does he have to battle the numerous villians, but he also have to battle two personal conflicts; his father's dark past, and his sexuality. 

I will certainly have to give a full review on this book because I have a feeling that it's going to be really good!

Until next time!!
-Tyler

1 comment:

  1. Aw that is so sweet that you worry for your sister. Yes, turning 16 is very special especially when you get your drivers license, though I didn't get mine till I was 17. :/

    -Coffee bean

    ReplyDelete