Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Buffet

Well, I made it.  It was a VERY long drive.  Six hours.  It is trips like this when you realize that you get a headache after reading 60 pages in just a few hours, and that your Ipod goes from fully charged to dead in nearly 6 hours.  And Apple promises that it lasts a whole day.  Ha. 

But we got here, and the nice weather couldn't welcome me more!  And the hotel is wonderful!!  It is certainly alot better than some of the places in this beach.  Sea Mist for example.  Been there, done that!  I mainly just look forward to sleeping in and reading the two books that I have with me.  And I also hope to get a tan to brag about when I go back to work. 

But when you are a critic like I am, you can't help but complain about a few things.  Within the area of Merel's Inlet, there are several places to eat.  All had a ton of people there, some with long lines out of the door.  But we choose the place that doesn't have the big crowds.  We were very happy about this because this is our favorite place to eat. 

Well, we were so stupid to believe that places don't change their menus.  Instead of a menu, the just had a big seafood bar, called the Grand Buffet.  I think Shoney's had a better selection.  For $15, we were able to get just a few oysters every 30 minutes along with the crab legs, scallops, and fried pickels.  Although they did have good crab cakes on hand. 

I wanted to hurl it all up afterwards.  Good seafood never makes me feel that way.  Even though it is not Gulf seafood, even Atlantic seafood is good.  And tonight's buffet was not good seafood, let alone real seafood.  And it was totally not worth the price.  But we all had a few good laughs out of it, so maybe it was worth it somehow. 

But I have a bright future for tomorrow.  I look forward to the warm weather, the nice bed that I am about to jump into, and the awesome reading that I plan on getting done.  So I hope to speak with you all soon!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment