Sunday, July 11, 2010

Daybreak

Another week gone by.  And like last time, it feels like a blur.  Last Monday seems like it was forever ago.  It's amazing that when you work, you seem to be stuck in the time warp and you can't seem to get out.  But word is that I may actually get a vacation this summer.  So that thought keeps me going.  And the cash keeps flowing to keep my interests on a high.

Just thirty minutes ago, I completed the final season of Battlestar Galactica.  Like I said in earlier posts, I sorta had a long period without watching an episode due to the fact that the seasons are so expensive.  But recently I have gotten gift cards from graduation.  I figured since it wasn't really my money that I was spending, why not go all out and buy the rest of the seasons.  It cost $75, but it was worth every penny. 

Unlike other shows, who drag out shows way after they should be cancelled and slowly crippling the image, Battlestar Galactica had the writers and team to make such a great show and leave the fans happy after only 4 seasons.  Everything was written so well, and you are glued to the screen from the first episode. 

I remember when my dad bought the first season when he was making cheap, impulsive buys on the internet.  He gave it to me and said enjoy.  I figured if he was able to get it so cheap, then it probably wasn't worth buying.  While the first episode was somewhat weird and hard to understand at some parts, you really couldn't help but watch another episode. 

And here I am now, after watching the final episode, feeling sad that the show had to end, but happy that there was a show that really touched me. 

'Daybreak', the 3-part finale, kept me on my toes the entire time.  It turned the well rounded cast and storyline to a brilliant whole new level, and sent the show out with a bang!!  Probably one of my top 10 best finales ever.  It covered everything from good vs. evil, to civilized allies, to religious revelations, to emotional deaths.  It even took a big risk, and included controversial topics that many scientists have debated over decades. 

It also makes you wonder about things about our own life.  It makes you wonder about the obstacles that our ancestors had to covercome to create this modern civilization that we live in today, and also take for granted.  It helps us realize that what we have today could be taken away at any moment, and we would have to fight for it back. 

Wow, I really got into writing this.  That just goes to show how much I loved it!  You gotta check it out.  You should watch the finale moments of the show here and then you should start from episode one!

Until next time!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment