Thursday, July 1, 2010

Talented Aimee

Well guys, I knew writing right after watching Eclipse was not a good idea.  Getting to bed at 3 was not good either.  But hey, it was a fun experience.  It wasn't fun falling asleep in the dentist chair several times though.  Oh well, I'm 18 and I should be out real late all the time, especially since I'm a graduate now. 

Anyways, I had been planning on writing this topic for a good bit.  And I also promised a lovely person that I would write it as well.  So what better than to do it today!!

Alot of people today is mesmorized by the influence of Lady Gaga, Justin Beiber, and Miley Cyrus.  They really don't take the time to really pay attention to the artists who haven't exactly made top of the charts yet.  But those artists are really just as good, if not better.  Certain people, like myself, tend to become attracted to the real artists who deserve some of the spotlight.  Today, I want to recognize a certain artist in particular. 

I have been a fan of Aimee Allen for some time.  I noticed her music probably like many others, through the short lived 'Birds of Prey' TV show.  Aimee's 'Revolution' song was the theme song, which really worked well with the whole style of the show.  Later on, after the show was long cancelled, I started to research the show again.  Aimee, and her music caught my attention once again.  I started to listen to 'Revolution' as well as the many other songs that she had to offer.  I'm not really a rock type of person, but I did enjoy the songs 'If it Feels Right', 'More Than You'll Ever Be', and 'Wasting my Youth'. 

I was suprised when I noticed Aimee again through the Hairspray movie with her song 'Cooties'.  The song is so catchy, and you couldn't help but just love it!!  I enjoyed the soft and fun side of Aimee's music.  Also, let us not forget the popular song that she wrote for the Ron Paul Presidential campaign.  It was a public testimony to the people who thought that the government was flawed.  Even though Paul did not manage to win, I think Aimee's voice was certainly heard. 

Then last year, I discovered that Aimee was releasing her "official" debut album called 'A Little Happiness'.  Immediately, I bought the album on Itunes the day of the release.  And the album got really high on the charts.  Now, lets just talk about the album for a sec.  It is alot more peaceful, and more mainly acoustic and vocal.  It was a drastic change is style, but like Aimee has said in the past after her near-death experience:

 "I never thought I would be able to sing again.  I have some memory loss, too, which is great. Turns out getting nearly beaten to death was probably the greatest thing that ever happened to me...Anything that was distorted, loud or angry overloaded my senses...Reggae always makes me happy, so this record has a lot of that sprinkled in, and I’m excited that I made a record where I can smile and dance onstage, instead of scream at people every night.”

I personally that this album is excellent.  It is the perfect album to listen to while you are sitting at the beach, or just seem to be mad at the world.  Songs like 'On Vacation', 'Lean into Me', 'Calling the Maker' and 'God Talks to Us' are so good that you can't help but put them on repeat. 

Since the release of the album, Aimee has been doing many performances around all over.  I think she is currently in Nashville and enjoying her time there.  I really don't know what her current plans are, whether it is continuing to promote 'A Little Happiness', or going to write her new album. 

But one thing is for sure, Aimee is a very talented artist.  If you haven't bought her album already, I encourage you to!!  Keep an eye out for this rising star!  Aimee, I hope I did you justice in this post!! ;)

-Tyler

2 comments:

  1. You are such a sweetheart Tyler! Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to write these beautiful words. Very kind of you!! You just totally made my day!!! :)
    Much love to you!
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you enjoyed!!! I hope alot of people get to read this and start to explore all of your music!

    ReplyDelete