Sunday, July 4, 2010

Independence Weekend

Well guys, yesterday I had planned on writing this big spill about July 4th, and then I got called into work.  I suddenly was heading to work at noon, and not getting off until way after midnight.  I spent my day working in the midst of July 4th crowds.  Since my work is right next to where the fireworks were being held yesterday, people were coming in droves and stayed throughout the day. 

For the first half of my day, I spent my time outside in the hot sun running Go-Carts.  I about got my foot crushed three times, as well as having these immature kids switching signs around the area, including the cars, making everything a hazard.  I was super glad to get out of that part. 

I returned inside to work the Laser Tag section.  It stayed pretty busy.  I really didn't take a breather until after six.  And even then I just had a small bite to eat for break...then I had to move on to the next task.  

Then it came the time when the employees wanted to watch the fireworks.  Not everyone could go, and our manager asked one to stay and man the fort.  Of course, I choose to stay.  And in the end, I felt accomplished.  I have seen plenty of fireworks, so it was no big deal to me. 

So, that was pretty much my 4th weekend.  Not really memorable, but I guess I had fun.  I hope you all enjoyed it as well! 

2 comments:

  1. Working on 4th of July is very bad! at least you work near the fireworks place!

    I'm from Portugal but I saw it on the news it was beautiful.

    Hoteloscopy.blogspot.com

    I'm following you now =)

    ReplyDelete