Saturday, July 31, 2010

Anniversary

I finally have regained internet in the hotel room!  I never thought it would come.  I guess I lost it sometime yesterday afternoon, and I am just getting it back today.  It's not like I was going to do alot with it, but the thought of no internet at all makes me go crazy.  Imagine what all I could have researched in this time.  Like figuring out how to fix my sister's messed up Ipod Touch, or finding out how to erase the current account on my sister's Dog game.  Oh yeah, very important stuff. 

So when I regained my internet, I discovered that today was the 30th anniversary of Harry Potter.  You probably think that it has been a long time since he was first created, yet the time seems to go by so fast.  It only seems like yesterday when the final book was released and the final movie was just a thought, but is now only a few months away. 

I remember when I was first exposed to the hit series. I was in second grade, and it was the eve of the Goblet of Fire release.  I could see all of the kids and adults in Times Square waiting for the release.  It looked as big as the New Years eve party.  Immediately I was awed by the book's fandom, and I researched.  I realized that you had to start at book one before you could get to book 4. 

At the time, I was too young to grasp the concept of the book.  When I felt that I was getting into it, I really didn't know anything about it.  And I failed all the school reading tests that I took with the books.  I clearly needed to be older in order to read it. 

By around 4th or 5th grade, I started to read the series again, and oh how I loved it.  It really got me into reading again.  I really all the way to the 4th book, and finished it right before the 5th book was released.  And then it was history from there.  And I have followed the series every step of the way.

 And now look how far the series has gotten.  It has reached the top book status, making millions, if not billons of dollars.  It has also created a huge movie saga, and then it's own theme park.  Talk about huge. 

Well I think I'm going to head off of here. I got this book that I am really into, and I hope to finish it at the end of the night.  I hope to talk to you all soon!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment