Sunday, July 18, 2010

Jar of Hearts

I am so glad for Sundays.  The one day when I do not work at either one of my jobs.  It gives me a chance to go to church, or sleep in and catching up on my reading.  I'm telling you, I haven't read this much since I started my first job.  I finally managed to read 'Backlash' from the Fate of the Jedi series, and now I am getting a head start in the 'Allies' book from the same series. 

I was very happy this week, because I purchased some new books to read.  Some titles such as 'Hero' and 'Infinity' looked very interesting.  I will have to give you all some reviews after I read all of them.  I also managed to buy my sister a good gift for her birthday at a reasonable price as well.  I just love online shopping!

Anyways, like I have said before, I am always interested in new artists that make their way to the top and have great stories to tell.  I have talked about Delta Goodrem, Aimee Allen, and now there is a new artist, who doesn't even have a record label yet, and is already making it to the top. 

Christina Perri, waitress of the Melrose Place Cafe I assume in California has quickly risen to fame after her 'Jar of Hearts' demo was given to choreographer Stacey Tookey of 'So You Think You Can Dance' by a mutual friend.  Stacey liked it so much and made a quick record of the professional version of the song for a dance routine of the show. 

It quickly rocketed on the charts, including #13 on Itunes and impressive chart numbers on Billboards.  She also sang for the live results show of 'SYTYCD'.  She says that she has already quit her day job and plans on releasing new music.  So this is clearly a sucess story that is soaring on the charts.  After purchasing the song and only listened to it a few times, I recommend that you buy 'Jar of Hearts' because I think it is going to be the start of a very big career!

It's always nice to write a good story and review about people like Christina.  I wish her the best of luck in her endevors.  Anyways, that is all for now.  Make sure to stop back by at midnight tonight for a brand new chapter of 'Thunder'!

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment